State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra will release MHT CET 2020 Cut Off Engineering on its official website dtemaharasthra.gov.in. A cutoff score is the minimum marks required to ensure a seat and participate in the counseling process. CET cell will release a detailed cutoff list for All India (AI) as well as for Maharashtra candidates, which will be further segregated by categories and institutes.
Candidates can check below expected MHT CET 2020 cut off on the basis of previous year cut off trends for Engineering, Architecture, and Pharmacy courses.
Factors Affecting MHT CET 2020 Cut Off Engineering
The factors which affect MHT CET 2020 Cut off list are listed below:
- Number of candidates appeared in the exam
- Number of seats available
- Number of participating colleges
- Number of reserved seats
- Change in exam pattern and level of difficulty
Importance of MHT CET 2020 Cut Off Engineering
Cut off list serves for the purpose of taking a maximum number of deserving candidates eligible for admissions in various engineering and pharma colleges of Maharashtra. The application method is as follows:
- Candidates who successfully obtain MHT CET cut off will be shortlisted for the admission process.
- Merit list is prepared where candidates are arranged in the decreasing order of their marks obtained and increasing order of their rank.
- Candidates are called for the counseling or CAP on the basis of their appearance on the merit list.
- Candidates with higher marks and lower rank will be preferred and granted admissions earlier.
MHT CET 2020 B.Tech Expected Cut off
Based on previous years trends, the table below provides the Quarksolutions expected closing ranks of top 10 engineering colleges of each round of MHT CET Counselling:
|PARTICIPATING INSTITUTE||BRANCH||EXPECTED RANK CUTOFF 2020||2019 ROUND 1||2019 ROUND 2||2019 ROUND 3|
|College Of Engineering, Pune||Computer Science||1- 175||50||75||150|
|KJ Somaiya Institute of Engineering and Information Technology, (Mumbai)||Electronics Engineering||1124-1454||12550||13695||13955|
|Fr. C Rodrigues Institute of Technology, Navi (Mumbai)||Information Technology||3576-5879||4371||5607||5293|
|Maharashtra Institute of Technology, (Pune)||Polymer Engineering||1996-6980||20664||23413||68592|
|Dwarkadas J Sanghvi College of Engineering, (Mumbai)||Bio-Medical Engineering||9000-1045||9143||9476||–|
|Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, (Mumbai)||Electronics Engineering||1793-2018||1640||1923||1992|
|KJ Somaiya College of Engineering, (Mumbai)||Electronics Engineering||1195-1545||12550||13695||13955|
|Institute of Chemical Technology, (Mumbai)||Dyestuff Technology||3420- 5600||3283||5312||–|
|Pune Institute of Computer Technology, (Pune)||Electronics, and Telecommunication Engg.||4656-1794||4848||6195||16944|
|Thadomal Shahani Engineering College, (Mumbai)||Bio-Medical Engineering||1234-3698||13027||35782||–|
Previous Years MHT CET 2020 Cut Off Engineering Off
Candidates can get an idea about the level of competition from the cut of previous years 2019, 2018. Candidates should be aware of the cut-offs to know the colleges they are likely to get at their ranks.
MHT CET 2019 Cut Off Engineering
MHT CET 2018 Cut Off Engineering
|Rounds||Cut Off Lists for All India|
|Round I||Cutoff List|
|Round II||Cutoff List|
|Round III||Cutoff List|
|Additional Round||Cutoff List|
MHT CET Toppers List
The below information highlights the toppers of previous years in different groups.
MHT CET 2019 : Toppers
|Topper Name||Category||Percentile Score|
|Aadarsh Mukund Abhange||Reserved||100|
|Aman Jitendra Patil||Open||99.9981815|
|Mughda Mahesh Pokhrankar||Open||99.9985516|
|Gitanjali Shahji Warangule||Reserved||99.9913096|
|Topper Name||Category||Percentile Score|
|Vinayak Mukund Godbole||Open||100|
|Rucha Omprakash Palkritwar||Open||99.9985776|
|Abhisek Somnath Gholap||Reserved||99.9978651|
|Gitanjali Shahji Warangule||Reserved||99.9996443|
MHT CET 2018: Toppers
|Abhang Aditya Subhash||PCM (reserved)||1||195|
|Rathi Khushal Vinod||PCM||2||191|
|Ameya Dileep Zarkar||PCM||2||191|
|Vakharia Priyesh Rajesh||PCM||2||191|
|Gandhi Mona Bhupendra||PCM||Topper among girls||189|
|Kadam Abhijit Udhavrao||PCB||1||188|
|Mokashi Jhanvi Yogesh||PCB||Topper among girls||183|
|Prashant Vayal||PCB (reserved)||–||172|
Tips to clear MHT CET 2020 Cut Off Engineering
Candidates need a detailed study plan to cover-up all the syllabus of MHT CET, moreover, the revised syllabus resulted in an addition of topics of class 11th as well. Thus making it a bit tricky for a candidate to score optimally, however, after completing all the syllabus a candidate needs to solve the questions strategically to clear the cutoff and score higher marks.
- Candidates should go through the question paper and mark easy to difficult questions. Attempt easy questions first and save extra time for solving the tough questions.
- Since there are no negative marking candidates should attempt as many questions as they can so as to ensure better marks.
- The level of questions is easy to moderate and direct questions based on formula can be solved quickly. Candidates should focus on solving direct questions first.
- Candidates should maintain a high accuracy level of 80% for both Maths and science paper.
- Mathematics holding highest weightage should be prioritised while preparing for the exam to score more.
- If a candidate attempts 40-50 question in each paper with 80% accuracy then he can easily score 128-160, these marks are enough to fetch a seat in very good colleges through MHT CET.
- The twisted and analytical questions should be attempted in the last to save time.
If candidates follow the above rule while appearing the exam they can easily score better marks and clear the cutoff easily.